One of my favorite things is reading about other people’s favorite things! Seriously, though, I’ve found some fabulous products (for myself, my family, and others) from other blogger’s recommendations. So, why not do the same here? Here’s our food-allergy family picks for products we are really digging right now! Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: None of these products are sponsored, and at the present time, none of the links below are affiliate links. Please know that we use these products regularly in our own home and life. Please also see the disclaimer note at the end of this post regarding individual allergens for products we recommend.
- Blue Bonnet Lactose-Free Vegetable Oil Spread Sticks – When Earth Balance seemed to stop making their soy-free, dairy-free spread in stick form, we were really bummed. I had loved using the Earth Balance sticks when baking and cooking; it’s just easier to measure out margarine/butter substitutes using sticks, people! I’m not a fan of scooping spread out of tubs. But then, we found this gem of a product. It’s at major grocers and retailers near us (like Meijer and Walmart) and is reasonably priced! Hooray! Now I can cut 1/4 cup with a knife and save the Earth Balance soy-free spread for toast and other goodies. 🙂 It does use soybean oil, so if you avoid that, you won’t like this product. (*Note: the FDA does not consider soybean oil an allergen, because the processing of soybeans into oil causes the proteins to be broken down in such a way that the body doesn’t react to the protein as an allergen. We’ve not had problems with soybean oil at all, but you need to do what is safe for YOUR family!)
- So Delicious Whipped Topping – so this is an allergy-friendly version of whipped topping…made with coconut milk, of course! (And actually, I personally like it better than regular dairy-based whipped topping!) It is rich and delicious. It does melt more quickly than the milk-based brands, but the taste more than makes up for it. We were so excited to have found this product. And while it IS more expensive, it is worth EVERY penny.
- Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Cookies – Our girls are on a bit of a kick: take two of these crunchy chocolate cookies and put the So Delicious whipped topping in between. Or put coconut milk ice cream (you pick your favorite flavor) in between. Either way, it makes for a yummy dessert. 🙂
- Made Good Granola Minis and Bars – We just found these products and my oldest is a huge fan, especially. She likes to keep them at school for alternative treats or snacks whenever there’s some special reward or birthday treat she can’t have because of her multiple food allergies. My youngest loves anything with chocolate in it, so there’s that. 😉
- Talenti Dairy-Free Sorbetto– specifically the chocolate variety. (Noticing a theme this month?) Alas, I just learned that the chocolate has been retired! WHAT? So…we’re gonna hope the company brings it back out of retirement. Good news: they seem to rotate flavors often, so maybe the chocolate will make a comeback sooner than later. Our family also likes the raspberry and mango. Of course, you do have to carefully read the labels. By NO means are all the flavors allergy-friendly.
*** DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the items that I review or use may have been produced in a facility that manufactures other products with certain allergens. The items may also contain ingredients which cannot initially be confirmed as allergy free (such as “natural flavoring”). Ingredients and manufacturing processes could change at any time. You should always check with the manufacturer to confirm that you or your family members can have the product(s). The products that I review or list are items that we have used for my two girls (for wheat, soy, milk, egg, peanut, & tree nuts) but the products may not be the same fit for you and your family.***